Landlord & Property Management Services
The staff at Galloway & Ayrshire Properties have over 20 years experience in the lettings market and offer a friendly and professional service.
Whether you are thinking of renting out a property or already have a portfolio of rentals we can help with all your requirements. From a basic tenant finding service through to full property management Galloway & Ayrshire Properties will provide a tailor made service that’s as individual as you.
If you are a private landlord or thinking about becoming a landlord in Scotland we can advise you on the key responsibilities and legal obligations that you have when renting out a property including:
- Landlord Registration
- EPC Regulations
- Repairing Standard
- Gas Safety Certification
- PAT and electrical safety regulations
- Deposit Protection Scheme
- Tenant Information Packs (May 2013)
Depending on the level of service you choose we can take care of some of these requirements saving you the time and trouble. Whether you use a letting agent or not these requirements will apply, contact us now for details of how we can help you.
Key features of our service
We aim to provide a service that is flexible and suited to you. By selecting the elements you require from each section below we can create a package and fee structure that will work for you.
Marketing & Tenant Finding
- Advertisement on our popular website with unlimited picture uploads
- Listings on leading UK property websites (may incur additional costs)
- In branch and window advertisement through our prominently sited local offices
- Feature on our in-house rental list
- Tenant matching service with our pool of individuals actively seeking a rental property.
- Local press advertising if required (additional cost)
- Arrangement of viewing appointments and key holding service.
- Accompanied viewing service (additional cost)
- Reference checking
Short Assured Tenancy Service
- Property Inspection and rental valuation
- Completion of schedule of condition and inventory
- Preparation of short assured tenancy paperwork including AT5 and lease
- Informing local council of tenancy details for council tax liability
- Completion of paperwork in line with lender requirements for buy-to-let mortgaged properties.
- Collection and forwarding of security deposit and first months rent to landlords nominated account.
Throughout the term of a Short Assured Tenancy Galloway & Ayrshire Properties can deal with your ongoing requirements which may include:
- Issuing of appropriate rental increase paperwork
- Termination of tenancy through serving of a Notice to Quit
- Periodic property inspections
- Dealing with tenant enquiries including maintenance issues.
- Property maintenance and repairs
- Check out procedures and inspections
Galloway & Ayrshire Properties already provide a full Management service for a number of both resident and non-resident landlords with properties ranging from single residential dwellings to mixed commercial and residential portfolios. In addition to the elements outlined above we also provide the following services:
- Collection and forwarding of rent to a nominated account
- Placement of deposits with an approved deposit protection scheme
- Reporting for Income tax and HMRC compliance requirements for non resident landlords
- Detailed monthly accounting and reporting to landlord and 3rd parties as required e.g. accountants, banks etc.
- Instruction and payment of contractors for essential repairs (in compliance with a pre-determined limit)
- Tracking of rental payments and management of arrears including liaison with local council regarding benefit payments
- Management of gas safety certification and PAT requirements
- Automatic re-advertisement and tenant finding service following termination of lease.
- Compliance with clients individual requirements e.g. insurance requirements including but not limited to inspections, lock changes and drain downs etc